Forgotten World Adventures - The Expedition
Discover the scenery & history of the Forgotten World in a truly unique 'soft adventure' experience. Hidden within the Forgotten World for close to a century, 142 kilometres of abandoned railway weaves through the historic and rugged King Country landscape between Okahukura and Stratford, over 98 bridges and through 24 hand-dug tunnels.
Join The Expedition rail cart down the Forgotten World Railway to the Republic of Whangamomona, more than 80km of total immersion into the true stories and tall tales woven into this unique landscape. On the second day, after a spectacular helicopter flight over the Whanganui National Park to the Bridge to Nowhere, you'll be jet boating up the Whanganui River exploring historical sites and scenes, including the "Bridge to Nowhere" on the longest commercial jet boat tour in the Southern Hemisphere.
|Whangamomona Hotel (1 Night)
|16 Jan - 27 Mar 21
|NOTE: Tour departs:
16 Jan 21
7, 27 Feb 21
7, 27 Mar 21
- 20 tunnel tour - Taumarunui to Whangamomona including morning tea, afternoon tea & lunch & local guide
- Accommodation at the historic Whangamomona Hotel including dinner
- Cooked breakfast
- 25km helicopter flight (weather permitting) or alternatively a drive on the Forgotten World Highway to the Whanganui River
- 110km jet boat ride on the Whanganui River
- Walk to the Bridge to Nowhere (40 min one way)
- Morning & afternoon tea and lunch, driver/guide